- Cater, C. Garrod, B. and Low, T. (eds.) (2015) The Encyclopaedia of Sustainable Tourism. CABI, Oxford.
- Jennings, G.R. , Cater, C, Hales, R, Kensbock, S and Hornby, G. (2015) Partnering for real world learning, sustainability and tourism education. Journal of Quality Assurance in Education. 23:4 , 378-394 (SNIP 1.105)
- Dash, G and Cater, C (2015) Gazing Awry: Reconsidering the Tourist Gaze and natural tourism through a Lacanian-Marxist theoretical framework. Tourist Studies 15 (3): 267-282 (SNIP 1.031).
- Cater, C and Huang, M.F. (2015) Chapter 16: Mountaineering Tourism Management. In Musa, G., Carr, A. and Higham J. (eds.) Mountaineering Tourism, Routledge.
- Cater, C. and Cater, E. (2015) Ecotourism. In Wright James D. (ed.) International Encyclopaedia Of Social And Behavioural Sciences, Second Edition. Elsevier.
- Wang, C and Cater, C (2015) Chapter 15: Ecotourism as a sustainable recovery tool after an earthquake. In Ritchie, B.W. & Campiranon, K. (Eds.) Tourism Crisis and Disaster Management in the Asia-Pacific. CABI Publishing: Wallingford pp 209-226
- Houge Mackenzie, S. (2015). Using emerging methodologies to examine adventure recreation and tourism experiences: A critical analysis. Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, & Leadership, 7(2), 173-179.
- Houge Mackenzie, S. (2015). The evolution of adventure tourism in Aotearoa/New Zealand: Current trends & future issues. In R. Black & K. Bricker (Eds.), Adventure programming and travel for the 21st century (pp. 27-32). State College, PA: Venture Publishing.
- Houge Mackenzie, S. (2015). A case study of mountaineering tourism motivations. In G. Musa, A.Thompson- Carr & J. Higham (Eds.),Mountaineering tourism (pp. 186-197). Oxford, UK: Routledge.
- Boyes, M. & Houge Mackenzie, S. (2015). Concepts of the wilderness experience and adventure mountaineering tourism. In G. Musa, A. Thompson-Carr & J. Higham (Eds.), Mountaineering tourism (pp. 66-84). Oxford, UK: Routledge.
- Brymer, E. & Houge Mackenzie, S. (2015). The impact of extreme sports on host communities’ psychological growth and development. In Y. Reisinger (Ed.), Transformational tourism: Host benefits (pp. 129-140). Oxford, UK: CABI.
- Varley, P. and Semple, T. (2015) Nordic slow adventure: Explorations in time and nature. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 15 (1-2)
- Pomfret, G., & Doran, A. (2015). Gender and mountaineering tourism. In G. Musa, A. Thompson-Carr, & J. Higham (Eds.), Mountaineering tourism (pp. 138-155). Routledge. doi:10.4324/9781315769202