Furunes, T., & Mykletun, R. J. (2012). Frozen adventure at risk? A 7-year follow-up study of Norwegian glacier tourism. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 12(4), 324-348.
- Cater, C (2012) Meanings of Adventure in Varley, P., Taylor, S. and Johnston, T. (eds.) Adventure Tourism: Meaning, Experience and Education. Routledge
- Cater, C and Low, T. (2012) Travel and Tourism Industry in Afro-Eurasia: Assessing Sustainability Volume 9 of the Berkshire Encyclopaedia of Sustainability.
- Cater, C. (2012) Chapter 9- The role of ecotourism and sustainable tourism in ensuring environmental sustainability in the marine environment. In K. Bricker, R. Black, S. Cottrell (eds.) Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism: Transitioning into the New Millennium. Jones & Bartlett.
- Cater, C. (2012) Nature bites back: impacts of the environment on tourism. In Holden, A and Fennell, D (eds.) Handbook of Tourism and the Natural Environment: The Science Behind the Sector. Routledge.
- Cater, C. (2012) Chapter 11 Community Involvement in Trekking Tourism:
- The Rinjani Trek Ecotourism Programme, Lombok, Indonesia. In Garrod, B. and Fyall, A. Contemporary Cases in Tourism Volume 1. Goodfellow. pp191-212
- Houge Mackenzie, S. & Kerr, J.H. (2012). A (mis)guided adventure tourism experience: An autoethnographic analysis of mountaineering in Bolivia. Journal of Sport and Tourism, 17(2), 125-144.
- Houge Mackenzie, S. & Kerr, J.H. (2012). Head-mounted cameras and stimulated recall in qualitative sport research.Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health, 4(1), 51-61
- Kerr, J.H. & Houge Mackenzie, S*. (2012). Multiple motives for participating in adventure sports. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 13, 649-657.
- Houge Mackenzie, S. & Kerr, J.H. (2012). Client experiences in mountaineering tourism and implications for outdoor leaders. Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education, and Leadership, 4(2), 112-115.
- Varley, P. (2012) Book review: Aconcagua in Mountain Research and Development 32(4):491-491. 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1659/mrd.mm111
- O’Brien, L. and P. Varley (2012) Use of ethnographic approaches to the study of health experiences in relation to natural landscapes, Perspectives in Public Health, vol. 132 no. 6 305-312
- Pomfret, G. (2012). Personal emotional journeys associated with adventure activities on packaged mountaineering holidays. Tourism Management Perspectives, 4, 145-154. doi:10.1016/j.tmp.2012.08.003