As a Lecturer you will contribute to the teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as supervising postgraduate research students. You will be required to develop research-informed teaching programmes and be encouraged to contribute to ongoing curriculum innovation.
In addition, you will be an active researcher in the areas of Tourism, Leisure, Hospitality and/or Events. As such, you will regularly publish in leading journals and other relevant outlets, and actively seek external research funding. You will also actively engage with the general and academic communities at the local, regional, and global levels. This is a full time, permanent (confirmation path) position.
This is a unique opportunity for an energetic, creative and committed individual to make a significant impression and contribution in their chosen discipline while being well supported by a collegial and dynamic Department and University.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Lecturer it is expected that you will have:
• A PhD in Tourism, Leisure, Hospitality, Events, or a related field.
• Demonstrated teaching experience at tertiary level.
• A record of research and publications with evidence of publications in top quality international journals and/or books.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise Masters, DBA and PhD students.
• Evidence of potential to gain external research funding.
• Excellent collegial approach: pro-active and responsive in collaborative research and teaching.
The University of Otago is well-known for its collegiality and, combined with living in the vibrant city of Dunedin, provides opportunities for an excellent work-life balance. The Dunedin campus is ranked as one of the top 15 most beautiful in the world. The city has affordable living, excellent schools, and a great array of activities, ranging from art and literature to outdoor activities.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity and would like to learn more about joining our team, then please contact Professor Neil Carr (email@example.com) for a confidential discussion.
To submit your application and see more details please visit the following link: https://otago.taleo.net/
Applications quoting reference number 1900121 will close on Sunday, 10 February 2019.